Monday, December 10, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream

So it might be the wrong season now to be loving on pumpkin, but... long hair, don't care. I loveeee pumpkin and crave it year around. As long as you have an ice cream maker, making your own ice cream is so easy, tastes WAY better, and doesn't have all the yucky preservatives and chemicals that you will find in store bought ice cream. So yeah, we make/eat homemade ice cream often. I'm not saying it's healthy because it is still heavy cream and sugar, but it is SO good and I don't feel guilty about my kids having a scoop.
 For this pumpkin ice cream, you will need canned 100% Pure Pumpkin, Organic Cane Sugar, Pure Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon (not pictured above), Salt, Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, and to make it slightly less fatty, I used Skim Milk.
Whisk 1 cup skim milk, 2/3 cup sugar, pinch salt. 
 Whisk in half a can of pumpkin and a tablespoon of cinnamon. Stir in 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
 You are supposed to refrigerate your mix for 1-2 hours, but I never have enough patience to wait for the deliciousness. I turn my ice cream machine on (mine is Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker), pour in my mix, and let it turn until our ice cream is super thick.
Out of control good, people. What is your favorite pumpkin treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We sure do like you.